This weekend we are celebrating the birth of this lady:
I've met a lot of moms in my life, and there is no other one I'd rather by mommed by then you.
Thank you Mom for:
• The sacrificial life you led for me and Stacia.
• Childhood for you was not ideal, and with the way you raised us, you would have never ever known it. You broke off generational bondage as if it was nothing. You had more mothering insight and skill at 19 then many 15 years senior. As an adult I am finally able to see how remarkable you are for the ways that you overcame with such elegance, class and grace.
• Setting a positive example, trusting me, applauding my independent spirit, encouraging me in everything.
• Teaching me to see the world as colorful and beautiful. To see the best in people.
• Pushing out a 2 week late, 10 lb 2 ounce baby naturally and never once complaining about it. (seriously, you've never batted an eye about that)
• Looking like your 38 when you're 48. As your daughter this is good news for my future.
• Letting me eat reeses cups for breakfast.
• Making our home growing up a lovely, comfortable, welcoming place. Where last minute dinner guests were always welcomed with open arms and juice boxes lined the fridge door for high school friends. You are so hospitable in the most genuine way.
Happy Birthday Mom.
I am the woman I am today because I watched you,
the best woman I'll ever know.