Yesterday Drew Jones went to Little Red (his Mom and Dad's new homestead in the country) and I hopped in our Honda and drove to Toledo to see my family.
It was a great time.
Here are the moments on this trip that I will not soon forget:
• Sitting in a little soup cafe for hours chatting easily with my Mom and sister.
• Pushing a red cart around Target with them perusing the sale racks and throwing item after item in the cart for dressing room approval.
• How my mom got tears in her eyes when she opened her personalized gift from The Vintage Pearl.
I stopped at my Dad's place before making the trip home.
• He showed me how his Oscar fish jump out of the water when he feeds them.
• We stood out on his balcony and talked about hanging baskets.
• We went out to the pond and threw the baby ducks some bread. Then were shocked as we watched the Coi fish dart at the babies and nibble their toes. The babies would jump out of the water and quickly paddle away.
Then I got in the car and drove home listening to "Two Princes" by Spin Doctors on repeat, singing at the top of my lungs.
It was a good day.