Monday, October 3, 2011
Things happening around here...
1. Drew Jones is home today working on the finishing touches of his show for the Ohio Art League. I love having him home and around the house. He hangs his show tomorrow and it opens on Thursday at 6 p.m. I can't wait to see it all together and for Westley to see his Daddy's work up. I know he won't even really understand what is going on, but I picture his little bobble head staring at Drew's artwork with his rosebud lips open and earnest eyes looking like they are studying the colors...it is going to be so stinkin' adorable.
2. I spent the weekend deep cleaning the house during Westley's naps. So now it feels so good to sit here at the computer on a clean table above freshly mopped floors typing. It makes me so happy, a clean house, it's the little things I guess.
3. I sewed this weekend you guys, I am freakin' Living Pinterest for reals. This reminds me, I'm thinking of doing Living Pinterest once a week on a specific weekday every week so that you can know ahead of time that it's coming and be prepared to link up if you want to. Does this sound like a good idea? Give me your thoughts...once a week too much? Maybe once every two?
4. I scored some amazing brown leather boots for 6 bucks at Junior Leagues's Bargain Box over the weekend! And you will get to see them tomorrow because I am guest posting for my sister's fashion blog, Free to Be Stacia Lee, and so I got all fashioney and summoned the Kendi Everyday within me to try to give her something good. I'll remind you about it tomorrow so you can come over there and make fun of me striking poses and trying to look all model pensive.
5. I have two new sponsors on team lady lee. The Scribble Pad & Just Enough Foolishness! Welcome ladies, it's good to have you here. You can sponsor to if you're interested. I'll be posting an official page on my rock bottom rates soon, but right now the best way to do it is by helping my Aunt and Uncle adopt a baby. Go here to see what the heck I'm talking about.
6. I have a lot of freelance projects going on this week PLUS I am working on a winter/holiday card line that I will have for sale in the coming weeks. I wouldn't say that I feel overwhelmed because it is all fun, good stuff, I would just say I am...whelmed? Which is why this Monday post is going up after the noon hour instead of in the morning like usual. Forgive me if you are an early morning reader, you're welcome if you are a lunch timey type.
7. I'm listening right now to Drew Jones over the monitor getting Westley up from his nap. "Hey guy! Did you have a good nap. I missed you little guy!" Life is good.
Posted by LADY LEE at 12:35 PM